General Job Market Advice
- A Guide and Advice for Economists on the U.S. Junior Academic Job Market (2018–19 Edition) by John Cawley.
- Pep Talk on Research by David N. Weil (Brown).
- David Levine’s Cheap Advice for going on the job market, writing a dissertation, presenting results, and starting as a new faculty member.
- Job Market Advice from Peter Iliev
- Job Market Advice from the University of Michigan
- Academic job market advice from Chris Blattman
- Bob Hall’s job market advice for Stanford economics students
- Strategy and Etiquette for Graduate Students Entering the Academic Job Market – Gerald Shively, Richard Woodward, Denise Stanley, Review of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 21, No. 2 (Autumn – Winter, 1999), pp. 513–526.
- Economics PhD Job Market Tips by Christian Zimmermann at the University of Connecticut.
- Job Market Information for Harvard Economics Graduate Students
- How to Learn to Stop Worrying and Love the Job Market – General advice on job market targeted at schools outside top tier, by Sarah Jacobson (data management spreadsheet).
- Academic job market advice for economics, political science, public policy, and other professional schools – General advice as well as a timetable for the year leading up to job market, by Chris Blattman. Includes numerous “little things” tips.
- Economics Job Market Advice – University of Chicago (2006–07). Includes advice about interviews in specific private sector areas and liberal arts schools.
- Harvard Job Market Timetable (2010)
- Economics Job Market Advice – An anonymous blog giving job market advice.
Job Market Paper
Ohio State Resources