Emacs Color Themes
Based on the original TextMate Twilight color theme.
twilight-theme is an Emacs 24 custom theme based on the original
color-theme-twilight by Marcus Crafter.
See the twilight-emacs project on GitHub for a complete list of changes.
less-theme is a minimalistic, mostly monochromatic color theme for
Emacs. With a few exceptions (such as
isearch) it uses only
grayscale colors. Keywords and other important features are
distinguished via bold or slight variations in shades of gray.
This theme was inspired by
color-theme-late-night, from the Emacs
color-theme package and the Less is More theme for vim.
It’s mostly grayscale, brighter than
late-night for use in daylight,
but less colorful than Less is More.
- 2016–04–09 (Revision 3): Convert to an Emacs 24+ custom theme.
- 2010–09–13 (Revision 2): More consistent colors for line highlighting.
- 2008–11–01 (Revision 1): First release.
subdued-theme is based on the Tango color palette.
It is quite colorful although the colors are subdued. This theme
was inspired by
- 2016–04–09 (Revision 8): Update as an Emacs 24 custom theme.
- 2010–04–09 (Revision 7): Select colors for
- 2010–03–14 (Revision 6): Support
- 2009–04–03 (Revision 5): Slightly brighter comments.
- 2009–03–10 (Revision 4): Let AUCTeX defaults take precedence.
- 2009–03–09 (Revision 3): Fix
- 2009–03–08 (Revision 2):
- 2009–03–05 (Revision 1): First release.
gruber-darker-theme is a darker variant of the
color scheme for BBEdit.
Please see Alexey Kutepov’s fork on GitHub
for a more up-to-date version with support for additional packages
(his is the version installed by MELPA, etc.).
- 2016–04–09 (Revision 2): Update as an Emacs 24 custom theme, incorporating updates by Alexey Kutepov.
- 2010–04–27 (Revision 1): First release.
To use add the file to your
and issue M-x customize-themes. Alternatively, you may add
one of the following to directly your init file:
(load-theme 'twilight t) (load-theme 'less t) (load-theme 'subdued t) (load-theme 'gruber-darker t)
The screenshots above feature markdown-mode and the
Source Code Pro font. The colorized HTML previews were created
htmlfontify package, which is included with Emacs.