markdown-mode version 1.7 has been released. Many of the new features and bug fixes introduced since version 1.6 are listed below.
- Support filling of list items.
- Allow customization of font-lock faces (thanks to intrigeri for the patch).
- Automatic indentation when pressing enter or tab (with cycling upon subsequent tab presses) (thanks to Bryan Kyle).
- Generate real XHTML for previewing (thanks to Hilko Bengen for the
patch). This fixes Debian bug
The CSS stylesheet for XHTML output is customizable via
markdown-css-path(thanks to Ankit Solanki for the patch).
- Better URL matching (protocols are customizable through
- LaTeX syntax highlighting can be enabled or disabled
using the customize system (
- Support for HTML comments (font lock,
- Support filling of definition lists (thanks to Peter Williams for the patch).
- Fill-paragraph no longer breaks lines inside of square brackets (thanks to Peter Williams for the patch).
- Add support level 5 and 6 atx-style headers (thanks to Alec Resnick for the report).
- Fixed several font lock issues.
- Fixed a bug where pressing enter did nothing in longlines-mode (thanks to Ankit Solanki for the patch).
- Fixed a problem where emacs-snapshot would hang during
markdown-cycle(thanks to Alec Resnick for the report).
- Fixed an issue with auto-fill-mode and markdown-mode’s indentation (thanks to Joost Kremers for the report and analysis).