markdown-mode version 1.9 was released on January 25, 2013. This is a major new stable release with important bug fixes.
- Support for setext-style headers in
outline-mode. Thanks to Shigeru Fukaya.
- Font lock for tilde-fenced code blocks.
- Reference link insertion (C-c C-a r).
- Support both forms of aliased wiki links:
- Footnote support: font lock and insertion, deletion, and navigation functions for footnotes (prefixed by C-c C-f; following for wiki links is now C-c C-w). Thanks to Joost Kremers.
- Improved preview and export commands. Thanks to Donald Ephraim Curtis.
- imenu support. Thanks to Akinori Musha.
- Added autoload token for gfm-mode. Thanks to Max Penet and Peter Eisentraut for the suggestion.
- Optional character set declaration in XHTML output. Thanks to François Gannaz for the suggestion.
- Smart unindentation when pressing delete at the beginning of a line. Thanks to Zhenlei Jia.
- Optional prefix argument to C-c C-w for opening wiki links in another window.
- Open inline and reference links and inline URIs in browser (C-c C-o). Thanks to Peter Jones.
- Open files in a standaline previewer or editor (C-c C-c o).
- Clean up numbered/ordered lists (C-c C-c n). Thanks to Donald Ephraim Curtis.
- Save Markdown output to kill ring (copy to clipboard) (C-c C-c w). Thanks to Donald Ephraim Curtis.
- Fixed a bug which caused unusual behavior in functions performing search, replace, and/or matching operations. Thanks to Christopher J. Madsen for the patch.
- Fixed a bug which caused an incompatibility with
orgtbl-mode. Thanks to Vegard Vesterheim for the report and to Carsten Dominik for a patch.
- Fixed a bug where reference links at the beginning of a line would be mistaken for reference definitions.
- Improved font lock for headers.
- Improved font lock for reference definitions. Thanks to Ian Yang.
- Avoid byte compiler warning about
region-exists-pin GNU Emacs.
- Additional key bindings for cross-platform header cycling compatibility.
- Fix problem with externally modified files on disk where the user would get stuck in a loop answering “really edit the buffer?” Thanks to Bryan Fink for a detailed report.
markdown-mode-hookdocstring. Thanks to Shigeru Fukaya for the more precise description.
- Don’t require Common Lisp extensions at run time. Thanks to Shigeru Fukaya.
visual-line-mode, the replacement for
longlines-mode, when in
gfm-mode. Thanks to Christopher J. Madsen.
- Proper GitHub wiki link handling in
gfm-mode. Thanks to Kevin Porter.
- XEmacs compatibility:
- Avoid malformed list errors during font definitions.
- Handle replace-regexp-in-string.
- Use text properties instead of overlays.
- Fall back to
- Many additional fixes. Thanks to Michael Sperber.
- Handle wiki links in buffers not associated with a file.
- Update autoload documentation to support byte compilation.
- Option to use
_for wiki links in
- Add two tab stops to possible indentation positions following list items.
Minor bug fixes:
- Font lock fix for URLs with underscores.
- Escape shell commands to handle filenames with spaces, etc. Thanks to Marcin Kasperski for a patch.
:slantinstead of unsupported
:italicin font spec.
- Fix typo in